is accepting applications for
FIRE INSPECTOR II
Starting $71,770/ $34.50 per hour
Full Time Position
The individual in this position is charged with the legal responsibility, by Ordinance, for enforcement of the Fire District Building Code, Fire Prevention Code and Basic Fire Control Ordinance under the supervision of the Fire Marshal, as his authorized representative.
The position reports directly to the Fire Marshal.
- Certification as a State Fire Inspector through the Missouri Division of Fire Safety
- Minimum two (2) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in fire protection, plan review, fire code enforcement.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in fire science, fire prevention or protection, or a closely related field.
- Health insurance; employees pay no premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- 8% pension contribution; percentage increases with seniority
- Additional 2% employer match
- Vacation benefits in hire year
- 8 Paid holidays
- 12 days of PTO annually
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- $700 uniform allowance to start; $500 annually
- $700 HSA Contribution in hire year
- Generous wellness benefits
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Applications will be accepted beginning January 20, 2022. To submit your employment application online, please click on "ONLINE APPLICATION" to go to the online application portal. You will also need to download the Background Check Disclosure and Authorization Form: Here
Fire Inspector II Job Description Here
Fire Inspector II Ad Here
You may also download the Application and Background Check and submit those and your required documents in hard copy to Mehlville Fire Protection District Headquarters, 11020 Mueller Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63123, between 8 am and 4:30 pm on weekdays.
Background Check Disclosure and Authorization Form: Here
Employment Application Here